The Portsmouth Grammar School is now open with all pupils attending school.
We are committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of our pupils and staff, including through taking appropriate steps to ensure that the School site is Covid-secure.
We have a wide-ranging system of controls in place designed to keep all members of our community safe and to prevent the spread of infection. The underlying principles are as follows:
- No member of the school community should come into school if they are unwell with COVID-19 symptoms, or has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 10 days.
- No member of the community should come into school if they have recently returned from a country on the UK Government’s list of countries affected by the restrictions on travel and should be undertaking a period of quarantine.
- We will be continuing to promote the best hygiene practices, including robust hand and respiratory hygiene.
- All parents / carers on site, unless exempt, are expected to wear a face mask when moving around buildings inside the school – masks are worn inside on all occasions where social distancing cannot be maintained (other than in classrooms).
- Parents / carers are encouraged to maintain a 2m distance between themselves and others whilst on the school site.
- An enhanced cleaning schedule is in place, including frequently touched surfaces.
- We are actively engaging with the NHS Test and Trace scheme.
- All pupils and staff are encouraged to participate in asymptomatic lateral flow testing.
Please click here for our Guidance for Visitors to the school currently.
Please click here for the Risk Register for the school currently.