From the start of the Autumn Term 2020, PGS has welcomed back all our pupils in line with the most recent Government guidance. We are thrilled to be able to welcome our community back to the school site and to return to learning in person.
Our absolute priority remains the safety, health and well-being of all members of our community. We have a wide-ranging system of controls in place designed to keep all members of our community safe and to prevent the spread of infection. The underlying principles are as follows:
- No member of the school community should come into school if either they, or someone that they live with, is unwell with COVID-19 symptoms, or has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 10 days.
- No member of the community should come into school if they have recently returned from a country on the UK Government’s list of countries affected by the restrictions on travel and should be undertaking a period of quarantine.
- We will be continuing to promote the best hygiene practices, including robust hand and respiratory hygiene.
- An enhanced cleaning schedule is in place, including frequently touched surfaces.
- We are actively engaging with the NHS Test and Trace scheme.
- We have made significant adjustments to the school’s operations to minimise contact and maximise distance between those in school wherever possible, for instance through the implementation of year group zones.
We appreciate that this remains an uncertain time for many pupils, and we are committed to supporting them in every way that we can. As ever, parents are encouraged to make contact with their child’s Form Tutor, Form Teacher, Head of Year or Head of Section using the details published in the Yellow and Red Books, if there is anything they would like to discuss.
We are fully committed to continuing to offer the best possible education for our pupils in this evolving situation. We have invested significantly in our digital technology to ensure that we are not only able to deliver outstanding teaching and learning for pupils on the school site in the usual way, but that we can include in those lessons any pupils who need to remain at home for medical reasons. Likewise, we have every confidence that in the event of a local lockdown, we will be able to switch seamlessly to a remote provision for all.
Please click here for our Guidance for Visitors to the school currently.