Following the Government’s announcement of a further national lockdown, including the closure of schools, PGS moved learning for all pupils to remote platforms. This was a contingency that we were fully prepared for, thanks to the hard work and commitment of our staff to ensure the best educational opportunities for our pupils. We are fully committed to continuing to offer the best possible education and support for our pupils in this situation.
The school remains open for the children of critical workers and vulnerable children. The Pre-School also remains open.
While this was not the start to the New Year we were hoping for, and we are disappointed to not be able to welcome our community back to the school site, our absolute priority remains the safety, health and well-being of all members of our community. For those children and staff in school we have a wide-ranging system of controls in place designed to keep all members of our community safe and to prevent the spread of infection. The underlying principles are as follows:
- No member of the school community should come into school if either they, or someone that they live with, is unwell with COVID-19 symptoms, or has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 10 days.
- No member of the community should come into school if they have recently returned from a country on the UK Government’s list of countries affected by the restrictions on travel and should be undertaking a period of quarantine.
- We will be continuing to promote the best hygiene practices, including robust hand and respiratory hygiene.
- All parents / carers on site, unless exempt, must wear a face mask when moving around the school.
- Only one parent / carer per family may enter the site for drop off and pick up.
- Parents / carers should always maintain a 2m distance between themselves and others whilst on the school site.
- An enhanced cleaning schedule is in place, including frequently touched surfaces.
- We are actively engaging with the NHS Test and Trace scheme.
- We have made significant adjustments to the school’s operations to minimise contact and maximise distance between those in school wherever possible.
- We are offering asymptomatic lateral flow testing for all Senior School pupils on their return to site, and weekly tests for all staff.
We appreciate that this remains an uncertain time for our pupils and families, and we are committed to supporting you in every way that we can. Considerable pastoral support is available in school through the usual channels. As ever, parents are encouraged to make contact with their child’s Form Tutor, Form Teacher, Head of Year or Head of Section if there is anything they would like to discuss.
Please click here for our Guidance for Visitors to the school currently.
Please click here for the Risk Register for the school currently.