Under Headmaster Donald Lindsay, the School Dramatic Society thrived and, in the early 1950s, the foundations of the school’s strong musical foundations were laid.
O and A Levels replaced the School and High School Certificates in 1951, and Lindsay’s successor Denys Hibbert aimed to ensure that pupils did not specialise too soon and continued to receive a rounded education.
In 1957 a new science wing was completed to accommodate the 60% of sixth formers who were studying science subjects.
Staff list December 1950 Headmaster D.D. Lindsay
Staff list Winter 1957 Headmaster D.H. Hibbert