Friday 12 October 2018, 08:30-15:00
Spend the day with our musicians and be part of our orchestra and receive tuition from instrumental experts.
Aimed at :
* orchestral instrument players Grade 2+ (strings, woodwind & brass)
* boys and girls in Years 5-7 in the academic year 2018-2019
* introduce you to the excitement of playing in a large group
* develop your musicianship skills
* send you the music and links to recordings in advance to look at
* provide expert tuition from instrumental specialists and pupil mentors on the day
* have fun!
Timetable for the Day
0830-0900 Arrival and registration at PGS (if transport to PGS is likely to cause a problem please contact us as we may be able to assist). Please click here to email our administrator Mrs Nicky Fretwell for information.
0900-0945 Session 1 (group warm up musical games and introductions)
0945-1030 Session 2 (sectional rehearsals)
1030-1055 Break (snack provided by PGS)
1055-1140 Session 2 (sectional rehearsals)
1145-1230 Session 3 (full rehearsal)
1230-1330 Lunch – please bring your own packed lunch
1330-1415 Session 4 (full rehearsal)
1415-1430 Break (snack provided by PGS)
1430-1500 Open rehearsal for parents to watch
1500-1545 Home time (please collect your children from The Portsmouth Grammar School between 1500-1545 – we will provide staff for supervision until 1545)
• Farandole – Bizet (a memorable melody shared around the whole orchestra).
• Star Wars Medley – the main themes from Star Wars V, The Empire Strikes Back.
• Additional music for strings, wind and brass groups will be arranged depending on the numbers on the course.
This day will be run in conjunction with Portsmouth Music Hub, but for any further details please contact the Music Department at Portsmouth Grammar School on 023 9236 0036. Please register your attendance by Monday 1 October 2018.