PGS welcomes the support of former pupils, parents, grandparents and staff. Your gift, however large or small, will help us to continue to provide a first class education in an environment where all our pupils can achieve their very best.
There are a number of ways to offer your financial support to the school:
- Regular giving by direct debit
- By debit or credit card over the telephone to the Development Office on 023 9268 1385
- Donations by cheque made payable to ‘The Portsmouth Grammar School’
- Gifts of shares
- Remembering PGS in your will
- Gifts in kind and donations of property or land
If you are a higher rate tax payer, you can also claim the difference between the higher and basic rate on your donation through your Self-Assessment tax return or by asking HMRC to amend your tax code.
Click here to find out about tax-efficient giving for US-based donors.
For more information about tax-effective giving, please click to email Melanie Bushell, Development Director or ring her on 023 9236 4248.
Whilst we endeavour to ensure that all information is correct, we advise you to consult your financial advisor/accountant when considering changes to your financial affairs. You may also like to refer to HM Revenue and Customs website for the latest information on tax efficient giving.